Friday, March 2, 2012

Last minute baking, because I forgot until last night that some friends were coming over...

Yesterday, Jon asked me to confirm with some friends about when they were coming over today...I had completely forgotten that they were coming, and I hadn't planned for this is my grocery shopping!  And now, my car is pretty much stuck because of the ice in the parking spot, and I'm afraid that if I can't get out, I'll just slide down, go through the fence, and right into the river.  That's the awesome part about parking on a cliff.  SO my plan to run to the store today is out unless the sun helps a bit, so I need to come up with a menu with things I already have or, because Jon did get out this morning, could easily grab last minute before coming back here.  Here is what I've come up with so far:

(Dietary concerns: no meat today for our guests, so this meal is vegetarian!)

Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
Side Salad (Mixed greens and homemade vinaigrette)
Apple Pie (Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book)

I'm also cooking a loaf of no-time bread for dinner with some friends in NH tomorrow, substituting half the white flour for wheat.  So not only is this menu making full use of what is in season and is vegetarian, but it leaves me lots of time to clean the apartment!

At least if they come early, I can distract them with small rabbits.



No comments:

Post a Comment