Friday, March 30, 2012

My day started at Walmart and will end with yogurt.

I know, I shouldn't go to Walmart, especially if it makes me mad.  But I did.  I wanted to look at a Virgin Mobile phone that I saw was highly recommended.  My experience in their electronics department made a very bad start to the day.  Let's just say it included not being able to actually look at the phone outside of a box clamped into the bottom shelf, an employee that told me that my research about their plans were wrong because 'some guy came in and told her', and I left after being handed a pamphlet and with no questions being answered. Then a lady came at me with her cart and I walked into a display sign, causing quite a bit of amusement for the young man behind me.

*face palm*

So I am at the point where I might give up cell phones entirely.  I'll see.

The rest of the day hasn't been much better.  The bunnies got sick from the spinach I gave them...for no reason than probably I gave it to them out of their usual eating schedule.  They are like piglets, and don't know when to stop.  As I cleaned them up, and my jeans and sweatshirt got covered in bunny sick-poo, they were NOT happy about what I was doing, so they scratched up my hands and wrists like kittens.  To the point of drawing blood.  I got them calmed down, we cuddled (after we all were clean again), and they are now happily bouncing around the cage.  I took pictures of the two does to sell on craigslist.



Pretty bunbuns!

Then my band aid came off.  I had sliced my finger and nail open with a carving tool, and a few days ago half of my nail fell off...so doing the dishes and making food is slightly painful right now (it needs to breathe anyways)...

I tried making yogurt in my mom's yogurt maker from the year I was born- 1987.

 I started as usual, and got everything ready to incubate.

But the machine didn't seem to be heating up.  The cover would NOT fit on properly, either.  After pinching my finger and getting a blood blister (*sigh*), I decided to scrap the machine entirely and just put the little jars into the oven with the pilot light on again.  They are doing well and are at the proper temperature.  Should be done around 9pm.  I also made some tomato sauce to keep in the freezer for future pasta.
Now I am making turtle bean soup with some ham thrown in to satisfy Jon.  I am exhausted.  The apartment building electrician is here, again, this time drilling the wall outside the kitchen.

But I am proud that I made it through Walmart without buying any chips.  Or blue cheese- even though I had it in my hand for a while.
___________________________
Earlier this week, I made the world's best bagels, substituting all of the flour for whole wheat and I added 1 Tbsp flax seed.
Before boiling.
*Love my Le Creuset pot!
Out of the oven...and one already eaten!
Really pretty with the flax seeds =)

The raisins also came out wonderfully!  They are tart, a little more chewy, and look a lot different than the store ones.  The fruit leather is AWESOME.  The best I've ever had, and Jon agrees with me, so there's none left to photograph.  Next time!



I give up for today.  I'm going to go hug some rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment