Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Recipes, and trying to find maple syrup

Other recipes from yesterday:
Granola bars- decent, added sunflower seeds and tropical trail mix instead of the nuts
Honey and rose water tapioca pudding- meh.  I probably wouldn't make this again.  The taste is off.
Casserole- my go-to-franken-casserole recipe.  It is great for using up leftovers.  I used a whole bag of frozen peas and the can of salmon that my parents gave us for Christmas.  Canned salmon is less gross than you think, but not worthy of much more than a casserole.

More brainstorming for buying local/making things:
Oats- http://www.wolfpinefarm.com/- This farm is in Alfred, ME, but I'm hoping that they either do a farmers market or have really good prices so the trip would be worth it.  They also have wheat.
Honey- http://www.hillsidebees.com/All-Natural-Honey-p/h-002.htm $23 for 5 lbs 4 oz sounds pretty good, unless I can find a deal in the Weekly Market Bulletin.

I'm still looking for a place to get bulk maple syrup, or trade with me in exchange for the granulated maple sugar.


No comments:

Post a Comment