Friday, March 23, 2012

No-time bread and dealing with a migraine.

I have had a migraine of varying intensity for nearly two days.  I've taken enough ibuprofen to be able to function, but I am secretly miserable.  There are so many things I want to do, even just get outside to enjoy this weather!  My landlord has also chosen this time to work in the basement directly under the couch with loud power tools.  I will be returning to the couch shortly with a hot rice bag on the back of my neck and some ginger candy, but I needed to get myself moving to at least bake bread today.  I'll deal with dinner later.

Today's bread, because I am barely focus, is the lovely no-time bread.  I use half whole wheat, half white and throw in some flax seed when I feel like it.  There always seems to be too much moisture in the dough, so I add enough flour to actually have it clear the sides of the bowl.  I also find that the bread is completely done after 30 minutes, and the crust is crispy enough, so I don't put it back in for 10 more with the lid off.  This bread is such a time saver!

A note on the zucchini oat-flake loaf I made for dinner last night, accidentally putting in vital wheat gluten instead of wheat germ- still turned out fine!  Even after I reheated it twice, waiting for Jon to come home, it was still moist in the center and crispy on top.  It nearly tasted like meatloaf, and I'm not sure what I thought about the sunflower seeds.  They were almost too chewy with the rest of the loaf being soft.  Still, with some bbq sauce, it was good enough for Jon to eat seconds!  I have a feeling that if I fried a slice up for a sandwich that it would be even better =)

 This is all that is left!

No comments:

Post a Comment