Monday, April 18, 2011

Last night, I was able to fill up the second bobbin!  So tonight I can start plying and figure out how many yards I have.  I still have plenty of fiber, but I'm hoping that I've gotten at least half the amount that I need for the shawl.

Jon and I picked up some wood this weekend to build a rabbit hutch.  I couldn't find any plans online that made any sense, so I made one up.  It will have room for my three rabbits, and each section is again separated into a front area and a nesting/cozy box.  We are even going to insulate it.  The wood came from a bargain scrap pile at a local lumber mill, and a few boards that Jon's father had around.  I just need to pick up some galvanized wire mesh from the hardware store on the way home from work today.  We won't have time to work on this until the weekend, but I'm very excited!  I'm also hoping to get enough mesh to construct a run somewhere in the yard for supervised play time.  Pictures of this project are to follow!

Ruby, Max, and Yardley will be delighted.
Ruby

Max

Yardley

1 comment:

  1. I love that you named them Max and Ruby! I hope the hutch building goes well.

    ReplyDelete