Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I just finished writing all of the thank you notes for my first shower.  It took longer than I thought, so there's no time for plying yarn today.  But it needed to be done!  I did take the time, however, to have some chocolate cake =)

I posted my new skein of yarn on etsy today and took some rather nice photos of it despite the rainy weather.  It held off long enough for me to get some nice photos outside:


I really like how the colors turned out- I call them burgundy and violet!

Time to get ready to go to work!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. You're yarn is lovely! I have a drop spindle that I occasionally haul out and try spinning, but the resulatant yarn is rather pitiful. I'll keep at knitting instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I started spinning on a drop spindle, and actually taught myself from watching videos of people spinning on youtube. The first yarn is always rather unique, but if you keep practicing, it will get much easier! At this point, I think spinning is easier than knitting. I'm terrible at keeping count of stitches =)

    ReplyDelete