Monday, April 25, 2011

First day of new job

It went pretty well.  I mostly just had to watch and start learning the routine.  I'll gradually take over responsibilities as he gets used to me.

I'm really not used to getting up that early, but give me a couple of weeks and I'll be fine.  Today I spent the extra time between jobs in a mall parking lot playing Angry Birds.  My coffee was really gross this morning.  I think I was half asleep when I made it so it must have had way too much water.  I wanted to buy another one very badly, but I have to remind myself that I'm saving up for very important things.  That's why I didn't actually go into the mall.  I want new spring clothes.  I might just end up making a new skirt and knitting a sweater.  That will, of course, just means that I need more fiber!

I really want to try a bolero next, but this shawl is going to keep me busy for a long time.  I spun up another bobbin yesterday and plied one.  I'll ply up the rest today and hopefully that will make 1000 yards, with only 500 to go!

Yesterday was Easter, and Jon and I went to a different Baptist church in town.  I loved it!  The service was pretty much just like the ones I grew up with, the pastor prepared a good and thoughtful sermon, and the only problems were the laughter and talk of a couple of teenage boys behind us.  We will definitely go again!

Jon's Gramma came over and we all had ham, potatoes, carrots, salad, and bread.  Dessert was a lemon curd cake, which was amazingly good.  Jon and I took a walk though the newly green fields.  We even had an Easter basket full of chocolate waiting outside the bedroom door!  We didn't work on the rabbit hutch because of the off and on rain.  I'm not sure when we will be able to start.  He's hopefully finishing up a job today and starting another that will last at least the rest of this week.

This weekend I have my second shower!  I'm looking forward to catching up with my side of the family and some good friends.  I really don't need gifts, but I am excited to get nice kitchen things.  I love baking and cooking.  Here are some rather funny photos of me and my face opening gifts at the first shower, and a Whole Foods raspberry chocolate ganache cake!:


No comments:

Post a Comment