Monday, February 20, 2012

Trying to stay motivated on a day when I feel run down. Homemade junk food.

Yesterday, I felt that I was coming down with something, and as the day progressed, I just wanted to lie on the couch.  Jon had a fever last night and tossed and turned, but today he's all better...but I am exhausted.  I ate an entire can of mandarin oranges.  I've had my morning coffee and still just want to crash, but when I lie down, I am too antsy.  My solution: baking.

Someone really needs to stop me.  I think I bake enough for a family of 10, but the two of us somehow manage to eat it all ourselves...

Fighting off yawns, today's recipes include: the most awesome and easy chocolate chips, pizza, whole wheat sesame crackers, homemade cheese puffs that are supposed to be better than cheetos, and figuring out a way to use 2 sweet potatoes for something that is not a dessert, even though I just really want to make these sweet potato chocolate chips muffins.  I probably won't make it through this list, but I just really want to surround myself with comfort/junk food today.  Or I may just give in and take a nap.  We'll see.

By the way, I made a guilt-free pear sauce coffee cake last night (always remember to actually turn the oven on and not have the batter sit in a cold oven for 40 minutes while you stare at the oven door) and dusted the top with some of the granulated maple sugar- AMAZING.  I am very happy with the results of that experiment and hope to acquire more syrup...which may mean convincing Jon to help me tap some trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment