Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chocolate

Jon's food weakness has to be chocolate.  He gets a bag of dark chocolate baking bits and then just eats them!  When I was growing up, eating baking bits got me in big trouble- they were 'expensive' and only to be used in baking.  If I wanted candy, I'd have to wait until Halloween or Easter.  Now, every time I bring chocolate into the apartment, it gets eaten up before I can bake!  The only thing that is safe is unsweetened cocoa powder.  Now that we are out of chocolate, and I am NOT buying any more because I'm on an either-make-it-myself-or-go-without binge, I had to get creative to satisfy Jon's craving with what I had.  SO:

Kahlua Brownies

I substituted the boiling water for some of my homemade kahlua, because I want to use that stuff up.  They are in the oven now, and I can't wait to see how they are!

I had wanted to make crackers today, but Jon called and wants me to come over and help him paint a sign for my parents' farm.  (The farm has been in my family since my great-grandparents, and they've never had a sign!  We don't even really know what the farm name means because the name came from my ancestors' farm in Scotland!)  Tomorrow, I hope to fit them in as well as make bread for another week.

 Older picture of me helping milk the cows =)

No comments:

Post a Comment