Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Update on projects.

Summer is going by far too quickly!  I've been running back and forth quite a bit for appointments, seeing friends before they move away (JenJen!), and finishing things like the rabbit hutch and thank you notes from the wedding.

Yeah, JenJen and I are pretty much awesome.

The hutch is done, except for shingles, which we will make.  These pictures were taken before the roof was put on.




 It is a beautiful, luxury home!  Jon did such an amazing job, and I was glad to help him when I could.  The rabbits love it, too.

And here the first cucumber of the season, next to a bowl of the most amazing lettuce, all from the garden.  I've been getting a ton of greens and not much else, so the cucumber was a big treat.  The lemon cucumbers are coming along nicely, I've planted some more greens, the new beans have sprouted, there are little green cherry tomatoes, and the zucchini and summer squash have large blossoms.  Jon made me some tomato stakes, and I learned that I am terrible at tying tomatoes.  I never got assigned that job at the farm I worked on, beyond clipping tomatoes in greenhouses.  I will post pictures later how funny it looks.  Did I mention that I used orange yarn?

I finished the baby sling and one onesie.  Pictures should follow in the next post.  The sling is great!  I might want to add some padding for the shoulder, though.  The onsie is adorable in the blueberry fabric!  I finished two more skeins of yarn and made a little change purse from 12 yards of scrap silk yarn leftover from the yarn I used to make a glasses case for Jon.

No comments:

Post a Comment