Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer of Projects

I pulled out the sewing machine to do a project for a family member:

It is made from a burlap coffee bag and is lined with a pretty fabric.  It turned out that my machine couldn't handle the burlap, so I ended up sewing most of it by hand.

The weather has been too warm for me to pull out the wool and work on spinning, and I've been neglecting my sewing skills for a while, so I decided to work on a bunch of sewing projects this summer!

The theme that I am starting out with is baby-related.  One of my good friends is expecting, and I figure that this is a good time to start experimenting with what I can sew myself.

Here is a list of projects that I will be working on when I get the supplies I ordered in the mail!

1.  Baby Sling.

2.  Onsies.

3.  Cloth Diapers.
Fabrics: Waiting to get pattern first.

Also knitting:

4.  Baby Kimono Style Sweater

I have a lot of work to do!  I'm hoping that after I make prototypes, I can modify the patterns and sell some natural material baby things!

No comments:

Post a Comment