Thursday, October 11, 2012

And yet another move!

We have moved, again!  This is my seventh place since college, fifth since we married.  To quote Scott Pilgrim, it is a "long story filled with sighs".  So here we are now, in an apartment with a full-sized fridge and washer and dryer!  If you know me in real life, feel free to ask me where I'm now located.  

There is a large window that floods the living room with light, giving little sunny warm spots on the carpet that make me long to curl up on the carpet and take a cat nap.

For the first time in my life, I have a dishwasher.  I have no idea how to use it.  I think it needs special soap.

I am already enjoying the benefits of doing laundry in a washer instead of the tub.

Basically, we are very happy where we are now!


Tavie is rocking out to Gogol Bordello here, exploring his new environment.

Having a full sized fridge with freezer is suddenly a puzzle.  I have almost forgotten how to buy groceries ahead and make large meals to last all week.  I haven't even touched the freezer yet, except to look inside and marvel at how cold it is!  Food is even keeping longer with the fridge at the proper temperature.

Now that I have the luxury of all these modern conveniences, I find that I am used to not relying on them and hardly miss them!  I'm sure that will change with time- the freezer is calling for some applesauce.  And ice cream.

We are still unpacking the mountain of boxes that ended up in the basement.  I have no idea where any of my books are.


On another note, Jon and I participated in this event:
It was a lot of fun, and I even sold a bunch of my knitted things while demonstrating spinning!  Jon demonstrated stone and wood carving.  We really hope some of the leads that we got follow through for future jobs!

I have neglected this blog lately, but now that we are almost settled in, I will really try to keep up with all of my fall recipes!  I have also discovered the perfect ginger cookie recipe I will reveal in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment