Monday, May 6, 2013

Day Off! Violet Jam and Transplanting.

It has been more than two weeks since I had a day off to myself.  I've spent a most relaxing day getting lots of things done and catching up on chores, hanging out with Tavşan.


He's so pretty now with his fur all grown in!
(Yes, he CAN see)

I made more violet jam.  I had more than enough violets picked from Jon's parents' and his Gramma's yards.



Absolutely beautiful, tastes of flowers.

And then I transplanted tomatoes, ground cherries, huckleberries, peppers, and eggplants into larger pots with Coast of Maine organically approved potting soil.  I also did some replanting and planted a container of lettuce.

 My awesome indoor greenhouse!
 Cherokee purple tomatoes
 Carmen, jalapeno, chocolate beauty peppers and one rosa bianca eggplant
 Principe and roma tomatoes
Lettuce box: one side Freckles lettuce, the other an heirloom blend

I hope to have time later this week after work to hand cultivate the garden plot here, and then sometime soon I will start planting at my parents'.  For now, after all this and washing every dish in the house, I am ready to eat some chocolate and take a nap.  Work is hard.  I have 'ice-cream-elbow'.  I really hope that they hire more people soon so I don't have to work at such a frenzied pace!  I'm also looking forward to Thursday, when it is supposed to rain...even though I still need to walk there and back...

No comments:

Post a Comment