Thursday, November 8, 2012

Snow/rain day and chocolate swirl gingerbread

I am convinced that my daily motivation to get up and do something is directly related to weather and amount of sunlight.  I have been known, when the clouds part and a beam of sunlight floods into the living room, to jump up and yell 'sun!' and stand in it.  Today started with snow (YAY), but is now just full of rain and I have barely been able to move off of the couch.

At least I haven't let myself take a nap.  Yet.

Today, I worked on some knitting and made some lamb broth from some bones.  And I ate a relatively large amount of snacks.  Today was also another day that I gave in to hunger and had some peanut butter toast.  Maybe its just that I'm too lazy to think up something else, but when I am starving and I haven't planned ahead, at least I always have homemade bread handy!  Now that I've already given in today, I might as well top it off with this dessert that I found on tastespotting.com.

Chocolate swirl gingerbread.

I have no idea how it will turn out, but the pictures alone make me want to go to the trouble of melting chocolate swirling batter.  It even uses whole wheat flour.  That means they are healthy!

Besides, Jon has been out all day in this weather, and he deserves a treat =)

No comments:

Post a Comment