Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Done!

After lots of stress, last minute errands, tons of frosting, and some safety pins, its over.  We're married!  Everything was almost perfect =)  I got lots of help making the cakes, and despite some of the centers not baking all the way and having to take those out and replace them with good cake, as well as the frosting piping equipment not working so that we had to out last minute and buy cans of frosting that piped out, they turned out beautiful!  I even had the idea last minute to decorate the ceremony cake with violets from the backyard (violets are edible).  I had lost weight from when I had made the dress, so we had to safety pin me in it, with a little double sided tape for good measure.  It was hot, but not too hot.  The bugs were awful, though.  The ceremony was perfect.  We rode in an antique yellow pickup to take pictures at my grandparents' old house, then to the reception.  We had a lovely lunch, then some dancing!




On another note, today there were tornadoes that went by us.  We are so thankful that we are safe, but many people around us lost their houses or cars, and the church that we used to live across from had the front taken off of it.  The grocery store in the town over is now leaning over.  There is just so much damage...I'm so glad that Jon was able to get home from work early and got my warning call, or he would have been right in its path.  The victims of this disaster are in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment